Skip to content

More Turtledeck Mold Making

With the mold for the driver’s side complete, it was time to do the passenger side.
IMG_6811

Pictures show my improving mold making skills!
IMG_6816

IMG_6817

IMG_6818

Unfortunately, I didn’t use enough mold release and the mold bonded to the body at one point on the turtle deck. I was forced to destroy the mold to get it to separate.
IMG_1211

This is the kind mistake that seems like a bigger set back than it actually is. So much time went into shaping the fillet that I couldn’t help but be discouraged by this mistake. However, I had learned so much about shaping and molding by this time that the skills I’d earned so far made the second attempt much easier. In just two days of work I had completed the passenger side mold.
IMG_1213

IMG_1215

IMG_1216

IMG_1217